Four diploma courses are offered by the college, and classes for these courses are conducted after normal working hours for the benefit of the B.Ed. and M.Ed. students. School teachers can also join these courses. The courses are as follows:
1. Diploma Course in Educational Applications of Television
2. Diploma Course in Library and Information System
3. Diploma in Educational Psychology and Child Education
4. Diploma in Computer Programming and Educational Applications
Television has gained importance in recent years as a powerful medium of communication. There is a great need to develop educational software in the form of video cassettes for use in classrooms. Keeping these factors in view, the diploma course on Educational Applications of Television has been designed. The objectives of the course are
1) to understand the aim, role and scope of television in education, and
2) to acquire and develop skills for developing, recording and editing educational television lessons and using them in the classroom.
Information is a resource, which together with physical, economical, technical and human resource is a must for national development. Keeping these factors in view the diploma course on Library and Information System has been designed. The objectives of this course are,
1) to understand the concept of library and information system
2) to develop, organise and disseminate information in an effective way,
3) to understand and adopt new modes of technology like internet, intranet and extranet, and
4) to manage and coordinate modern school libraries with information centres.
Child Education is the primary feld in which the human resource of a nation is built upon. The plurality of Indian way of life and the influence of scientific and western thoughts play their respective role in imparting knowledge and skills of the children. Hence the diploma courses on Educational Psychology and child Education has been designed with an idea of equipping teachers in dealing with young children.
The Computer Technology has influenced education and its applications. It is necessary that every teacher should have the awareness of Computer and its applications. Hence the diploma course has been designed to make the trainees to use the computer technology for their teaching - learning activities.