Student Development Activities
- Our II Year B.Ed., Student Teachers participated in a Workshop on “First Aid Procedures” organized by RKMVERI – GAPEY on 06th April 2023. Students were oriented with relevant safety information and basic first-aid procedures.
- Our II Year B.Ed., Student Teachers participated in 21st Century Employability Skilling Global Program of Wadhwani Foundation in partnership with SRMV College of Arts and Science on 08th April 2023. The topics of discussion were - Developing 21st Century Employability Skills, course details, registration, and assessment. In continuation with the program, an online training session was conducted on 24th April 2023.
- Basic Scout Masters Training Camp for I and II Year B.Ed., student teachers was conducted from 15th April 2023 to 21st April 2023.
- All II Year student teachers visited the Unified Play Day which is exclusively conducted for children with intellectual disabilities organized by RKMVERI – GAPEY on 24th February 2023 at Vidyalaya indoor stadium. Student teachers were oriented about the significance of Unified Play Day event which integrates inclusion into daily life. They learnt ways to implement strategies to handle children with special needs. They also witnessed Unified Sports Competitions and got exposed to multi therapy units.
- Eighteen (18) Student teachers of II Year B.Ed., Programme attended a one-day Orientation Programme on “Creating Accessible and Inclusive Classrooms for Children with Special Needs” by Department of Visual Impairment, FDMSE – RKMVERI on 16th March 2023.
- All student teachers attended a Webinar on “Understanding Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment)” organized by University Grants Commission on 21st March 2023. Shri Sharath Kumar Pallerila, Scientist – G, Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change and Shri Parth Joshi, Communications Officer, UNDP served as the resource persons for the webinar.
- All I and II Year student teachers visited Exercise Physiology Laboratory, Bio-Mechanics & Kinesiology Laboratory and Iso-Kinetics lab at SRMV Maruthi College of Physical Education on 21st March 2023. Orientation on lab equipment and measurement techniques were given to student teachers.
- Our II Year Student teachers commenced their Multidisciplinary Course in “Physical Activities and Strategies for Inclusive Classroom” offered by GAPEY – RKMVERI from 27th March 2023.
- Eighteen (18) II Year student teachers participated in a one-day National Conference on “National Education Policy – Opportunities and Challenges in Teacher Education” at Dr.N.G.P. College of Education, Coimbatore on 02nd February 2023.
Student teachers were oriented about New Education Policy (NEP-2020) with highlights and crucial changes with respect to Teacher Education.
- Selvakumar S, I year BEd student teacher participated at a two-day Parent Training Programme on ‘Mobile Apps to teach Children with Visual Impairment’ at RKMVERI – FDMSE on 13th February 2023.